Seasonal Pizza with Neill’s Irish Soda Bread Mix
Book: WEB EXCLUSIVE
The secret lies in the simplicity of this base which only requires milk to be added to the Neill’s Soda Bread Mix, then can be topped with a selection of your favourite ingredients. Vary the topping to suit the occasion.
- 150g/5oz Neills Soda Bread Mix
- 125ml/¼tsp (approx) milk or buttermilk
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 dsp chopped herbs e.g. parsley, basil or ½ dried herbs
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 1 dsp sun dried tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes cut into slices
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 110g/4oz reduced fat cheddar cheese grated or mozarella sliced
- 2 dsp pesto
- 110g/4oz thinly sliced bacon cut into slices
To Serve (Optional)
- A few sliced olives
- A little chopped parsley
To Make the Base
Combine the sieved flour mix in a bowl with the herbs and olive oil. If using fresh herbs chop finely before adding.
Use the milk or buttermilk to mix to a soft dough.
Turn out onto a floured board, knead lightly then roll out to 1cm/½″ thickness and approximately 20cm/8″ diameter. Place on a flat baking tray.
To Assemble the Pizza
Sprinkle the top of the pizza base with olive oil
Spread with tomato paste and layer with sliced tomatoes, onion, grated or sliced cheese and sprinkle with pesto.
Bake in oven at 200°C/Gas No 6 for 10- minutes or until well cooked. Remove from the oven, cut into wedges and serve either hot or cold on its own with salad. Serve either with sliced olives or finely chopped parsley.