An Autumn Salad of Roasted Squash, Green Beans, Rocket in a Coconut & Lime Dressing
Our season of squash is becoming longer and longer with an array of colourful vegetables from early Autumn right through to the early Winter months from pumpkins, acorn and butternut squash which fill our supermarket shelves.
- 1 kg squash – pumpkin butternut or acorn squash (cut into slices and roasted)
- 2-3 spring onions – finely sliced
- 110 g/4oz green beans – steamed
- 1 chilli – finely chopped
- 1 inch root ginger – grated
- 1 red or yellow pepper – cut into slices
- 1-2 potatoes – steamed and cut into slices
- Prepare all the vegetables – peel the squash and slice into ribbon strips and either steam, boil or roast in the oven with a little oil.
- Steam the green beans for 2 minutes, slice the pepper, chop the chilli, grate the ginger, peel, slice and steam the potatoes for 6-7 minutes until soft but firm.
- Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl and toss with coconut milk, yogurt, lime juice and chopped chilli.
- Serve with rocket and flat leaf parsley.
- To Serve
- Rocket leaves
- Flat leaf parsley
- 100m/¼ pt coconut milk
- 100ml/¼ pt yogurt
- 1 lime – juice and rind