New Summer recipes – Herb Crusted Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1-2 tbsps olive oil
- 225 g/8oz watercress or spinach
- 110 g/4oz creamy blue cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley – finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsps brown or white breadcrumbs
- 2-4 slices crusty bread
- Place the mushrooms in a roasting dish, season, brush with oil and garlic and roast in the oven at 180C / 200°C /Gas mark 6 for 15 minutes.
- Wilt the spinach or watercress by steaming for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top with wilted spinach, cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Place under a hot grill along with the slices of bread and cook until the cheese melts, bubbles and browns. Serve the mushrooms on top of the crusty bread.