Pears Poached with Blackberry, Bay & Cardamon
- 100 g/4 oz blackberries
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 – 5 Cardamon pods crushed
- 275 ml/½ pt water
- 50 g/2oz granulated sugar
- 4-6 ripe pears
- 4-6 plums
- Sprinkling of Sloe Gin Port or Elderberry cordial
- Ice cream or natural yoghurt.
- Place the water, Bay and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar
- Peel and core the pears.
- Add the pears and plums to the saucepan and poach very gently over a low heat until they show signs of softening. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the Blackberries, Cardamon and (optional) Elderberry cordial