Roasted Pumpkin and Pancette Risotto
- 200 g/8ozs pumpkin slices or butternut squash
- 2 dsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery – chopped
- 500 g arborio risotto rice
- 1 white onion – chopped
- 4 Oz. 100 gms Pancetta – finely chopped
- 4 spring onion – chopped
- 2-3 pints vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 glass white wine – optional
- 2 lbs assorted mushrooms e.g. brown cap button, chestnut, fresh and dried
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic mushrooms, celery, spring onion and bacon and cook for 8-10 minutes over a low heat.
- Next add the rice and cook for 3-4 minutes until it all becomes coated and glistening. Add wine. Add the stock a little at a time allowing the rice to absorb the liquid before adding more, continue until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Next add the sliced pumpkin, mushrooms, herbs, parsley and adjust the seasoning. Simmer slowly untill all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Garnish with a little Mascarpone cheese, and Parmesan shavings.