Pork Sausages with a Mustard and Red Onion Gravy
- 450 g/1lb pork sausages – low fat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 red onion – sliced
- 25 g/1oz soft brown sugar
- 1 dsp white wine vinegar
- 2 dsp Worcester sauce
- 125 mls/4 floz vegetable stock
- To cook the sausages, place in a hot pan with olive oil and butter. Toss until golden and lightly cooked.
- Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook until soft. Next, add the brown sugar and stir well to prevent it sticking.
- Now in with the vinegar, Worcester sauce and vegetable stock. Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes until the sausages are well cooked and the onion gravy has reduced and concentrated in flavour.
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Finally, add the mustard and heat through.