Irish Breakfast Soda Bread with Bacon, Egg and Tomato
A novel way to serve the best of an Irish breakfast garnished with scallions and black pepper
- 1 lb/450g Irish Soda Bread mix
- 1 egg
- 250 ml/½pt buttermilk or milk
- Salt and pepper
- 8 rashers bacon – lightly grilled
- 110 g/4oz baby tomatoes
- 25 g/1oz sundried tomatoes
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- 1 dsp parsley – finely chopped
- 2-3 scallions – finely chopped
To Make the Soda Bread
Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/gas no 6-7/195° fan assisted ovens.
Place approximately 1lb/450g Soda Bread flour into a bowl, add milk, 1 egg, black pepper and mix with a spoon to form a soft dough.
Mould the dough into a tin round or rectangular and top with the lightly cooked bacon, tomatoes, scallions and pour over the beaten egg and bake in the oven until well cooked, approximately 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Serve hot cut into chunks with freshly brewed coffee.